You've just taken an amazing step to help ensure no child or young person ever feels that being LGBT would be a misfortune or disappointment.
Talk to your delegate today!
Share your story.
Your voice matters. We know the power that human stories have to change hearts and minds and compel those in authority.
Your personal story is especially effective—please consider explaining why this issue is important to you!
Every story matters.
Need help writing your letter?
- Introduce yourself. Tell your area representative who you are and where you are from.
- Tell them your views on the damage done to children when they are given the sense that to be LGBT is a misfortune or disappointment.
- Ideally - and whether you are LGBT or straight, a person who has experienced some form of damage or just witnessed it - tell them your own story about the damage done to children when they are given the sense that to be LGBT is a misfortune or a disappointment.
- Respectfully explain why you feel children are still getting that sense, and the role played by the rules of the Catholic Church and/or of other organizations in society.
- Ask them to consider your story at their Synod on Young People in Rome this October 2018.
- Ask for the favor of a reply.
You're almost there...
Now that you've written your message, choose how you want to send it.
We've made sending easy for Google and Microsoft email users. If you wish to send it yourself, simple continue in your email program.